Add Custom Bottles to Your Collections

Board Forums Article Discussions Add Custom Bottles to Your Collections

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Whiskystats Whiskystats 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Whiskystats
    Whiskystats
    Keymaster

You now have the possibility to add bottles to your personal collections which are not yet included in the Whiskystats database. This article explains…
    Read the full Article at: Add Custom Bottles to Your Collections

Jens Thomsen
    Participant

Hmm does not work with Safari on a Mac –

Whiskystats
    Whiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi Jens,
    which part is not working?
    Unfortunately I do not have a Mac/Safari setup to test this and on Windows/Firefox everything works fine.
    Please note that the buy-date has to be strictly smaller than the date of the latest price observation.
    Best wishes,
    Johannes

Jens Thomsen
    Participant

Hi Johannes.

thanks for the answer.

Please note that the buy-date has to be strictly smaller than the date of the latest price observation.

made the difference !!

thanks
    Jens

Whiskystats
    Whiskystats
    Keymaster

Perfect!
    I will add some kind of warning message for this issue.

jeff law
    Participant

Yamazaki 2017 Limited Edition

jeff law
    Participant

Hibiki 12
    hibiki 17
    hibiki 21
    hibiki 30
    hibiki 35

Whiskystats
    Whiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi jeff,
    Hibikis are no single malt whiskies, hence there are currently not tracked by us (maybe we add blends some day in the future). The Yamazaki Limited Edition 2017 will sure be added in the next one or two months (we always wait for a second price observation to list a whisky).

Best wishes,
    Johannes

pye palm
    Participant

Hi
    All about custom bottles.
    I tried to put in 3 diff price observations from other auction houses to give myself a visible development .So I put in a 2015 februari with price and tried to add a price update for a 2017 price obs, but unfourtneatltiy it didntwork out .
    And a smaller thing ,Custom bottle didnt accept decimals on %
    Pye

Whiskystats
    Whiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi,
    the custom bottles only take two price observations: your buy price and the latest price observations you have. Hence they do not allow for tracking the price development. Only the relative change from your buy price to the latest price is considered. When you update the latest price observation it will be set to the current month with the value you typed in.
    How many decimals did you try to enter? It should allow for two (e.g. 40,63% vol). It also should accept both comma (“,”) and point (“.”) as the decimal sign. But maybe you could try both.

Best wishes,
    Johannes from Whiskystats

Daniel Grünwald
    Participant

Hi,
    There is no Macallan 12 years Sherry Oak in the list ?

Whiskystats
    Whiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,
    I am pretty confident that the bottle you are looking for is listed in our database.
    My best guess is that only its series is not set to “Sherry Oak”.
    By any chance do you mean this bottle https://www.whiskystats.net/whiskydetail/?whisky_id=2228
    (note that you find pictures of the bottles when you click on one of the “Latest Observations” at the bottom)?

Best wishes,
    Johannes from Whiskystats

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.