Learn how to Search the Whiskystats Database

Board Forums Article Discussions Learn how to Search the Whiskystats Database

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    alan scottalan scott
    Participant

Good Morning, When I use the Database it returns Age, Vintage, Vol, ml and latest price for each bottle. Can these columns be adjusted by the user? If not would it be possible to add “Number of price observations” as a column? I know I can get this by clicking on the bottle description but I’m very lazy :-).
    Great database by the way!

WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi alan,
    mhm, no those columns can currently not be adjusted by the user. I will think about a method to include this information. Would it be enough for your usecase to make the search results sortable by the number of trades (but not displaying the number of trades)?

Best wishes,
    Johannes

alan scottalan scott
    Participant

Johannes,
    Sorting by the number of trades but not displaying the number of trades would be perfect for me.
    Thanks
    Alan

WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,
    when you now click on “Detailed Search” you have the option to choose “Number of Trades” in the sort by field. If you also set “Sort Style” to “Descending” you will get the most traded whiskies you filtered for.

Best wishes,
    Johannes

alan scottalan scott
    Participant

Johannes,

Just tried it and it is just what I need.
    Thank you for your fantastic work.
    Good luck with the database.

Cheers
    Alan

Inactive

thank you

Participant

Hello – am curious if you offer access to the tables in the database so that I can use my own software application for viewing and presenting the information?

WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,
    at the moment we do not offer such direct access to the data.
    However, we have some ideas for a more sophisticated access to the data for professional users.
    Let me know what you are exactly after by contacting me directly at contact(at)whiskystats.net!

Best wishes,
    Johannes from Whiskystats

Igor AbramenkovIgor Abramenkov
    Participant

Hello, there is no such bottle in your database. Please add it. https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/101673/kentucky-owl-11-year-old

WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi Igor,
    thanks for the hint. I will add Kentucky Owl to our watchlist so it will be added with the next database update in february. I will let you know!

Best wishes,
    Johannes

WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

You now find 9 releases if you search for Kentucky Owl in our database.

Participant

Hi there,

https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/110416/old-perth-2004-mmck
    Can’t find this bottle in the database although it has quite some listings in the past.

Thanks

WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,
    you are right, Old Perth is currently not on our watchlist.
    Will add it with the next database update and keep you updated on this!

WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

You now find Old Perth 2004 in our database (https://www.whiskystats.net/whiskydetail/?whisky_id=75298) together with 18 other Old Perth releases. Thanks for the hint!

Participant

Hi there, thanks for this website, it is incredibly useful!! I believe that your prices reflect the final hammer price, and as someone who doesn’t have a lot of experience at auctions, I was curious as to whether the buyers of the bottles that were purchased and show up in these stats had to further pay some sort of a buyers tax on top of the hammer price? Thank you!

WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi,
    the displayed prices are the hammer prices + buyers fee!
    We include the buyers fee to make prices comparable across the various auctioneers.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 15 hours ago by WhiskystatsWhiskystats.
Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.