The Whiskystats Price Update for January 2019

Board Forums Article Discussions The Whiskystats Price Update for January 2019

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Whiskystats Whiskystats 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Whiskystats
    Whiskystats
    Keymaster

The Whiskystats Whisky Index is still under pressure. Islay bottlings overtake Speyside and the Top 10 whisky distilleries move closer together. Here…
    Read the full Article at: The Whiskystats Price Update for January 2019

GutshotGerd
    Participant

First of all I‘d like to say you are doing a great job. I was looking for a site like this as I was comparing prices on different auctioneers manually.
    However it‘s very important to have the latest auctions added more quickly. Most auctioneers have already passed March auction and the database is as from January. So the latest two auctions are missing – actually it‘s six if you take contemplate all of them three auctioneers.

Also a nice benefit would be the option to see more auction results in list of an item. On the detailed page of a bottled (with Charts etc) it only allows me to see the „latest observations“. How about a „show further results“ button?

Regards,
    GutshotGerd

Whiskystats
    Whiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi Gerd,
    thanks for you feedback!

We assign the auctions to the month in which most of the auction window falls in.
    This means that in many cases the auction actually finished in the first days of a month and we then assign the results to the previous month.

The “February” round of auctions ended last week Monday on March 4th. So actually we are only trailing by 10 days at the moment!

However, WhiskyAuction.com slowly changed their rythm. This leads to the fact that their March auction finished only one week (last weekend) after the February auctions ended at the other auctioneers. In order to fix this we would either assign to auctions to the same month (which we currently do not prefer) or acknowledge the fact that results from WhiskyAuction trail by 3 weeks or so (this is the option we chose).

By the way, our February update will roll out today.

Best wishes,
    Johannes

Whiskystats
    Whiskystats
    Keymaster

Just figured out that this month we will assign both the WhiskyAuction 2019-03 and the WhiskyAuction.com 2019-04 auctions to March 2019!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.