Whiskybase vs. Whiskystats Prices

Board Forums Article Discussions Whiskybase vs. Whiskystats Prices

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

Whiskybase and Whiskystats are the two biggest public accessible whisky databases, and yet they serve different purposes. In this article we want to p…
    Read the full Article at: Whiskybase vs. Whiskystats Prices

Participant

Thanks!
    With me mainly going for Ardbeg and Laphroaig limited original bottlings (and not being a collector for very long), Whiskybase prices my collection roughly 75% higher than Whiskystats (with Whiskystats being the “base value” for that comparison).

Another easily misleasing thing is that Whiskybase has a massive amount of Whiskies “split up” by bottle codes whereas the same one on here has only one entry: e.g. “Ardbeg Lord of the Isles” has one entry on here and 13 entries with a wide range of (average) prices between them “over there”. I honestly do not know if there’s actually much of a difference between these releases at auction and if that applies to all other Whiskies with different bottle codes for the “generallly same release”, at leasts that’s what Whiskybase would make one believe….

WhiskystatsWhiskystats
    Keymaster

Hi Seb,
    yes good point, the different splits of the releases is what makes the mapping between Whiskystats and Whiskybase so difficult. The Lord of Isle is a good example, since most of the auction lots we see of it do not show any detailed information about the bottling day. So the question is how would the bidders differ…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.